Stitch Fix- my first fix

I’m back from Created for Care! Wonderful weekend and I’ve got some posts planned to process some of the highlights of what I heard— good stuff. But that’ll take a bit of time to write, so today I’ve got a poll for you. There’s a fun company called Stitch Fix that quizzes you about your style choices, size, color preferences, etc, and then puts together a whole box full of items that you can then try on and decide if you want to buy or not. One ‘style’ session is $20, but that $20 credit can be put toward any or all of the items in your style package. And if you decide to buy every item in the package, you get a 25% discount on the whole thing.

I suspected this service would be a little too spendy for tightwad me, but I was intrigued by the fun of trying things on that someone else picked, and decided to try it out just once. My style package came today and included 3 blouses, a sweater and a pair of earrings. The earrings (I’m wearing them in every picture below) are adorable— love, love, love them. But there’s no way on God’s green earth that I’m paying $48 for a pair of earrings, so they’re definitely going back. I am sorely tempted by a couple of the items of clothing, but am having a hard time trying to decide which is best on me. They range from $48-$68, so I will definitely NOT be buying more than one item.Β  I thought it might be fun to ask your opinion– what do you think works best on me?

1. Long Peach Cardigan
PeachCardi

2. Grey Lace Top

GreyLace

3. Navy Houndstooth Blouse

Houndstooth

4. Pink Long Sleeve Blouse

Pink

Β Click here if you’d like to try Stitch Fix for yourself!Β  It’s a lot of fun!

Pin It

1. I love the gray lace blouse. Also, you are lovely!

2. I vote for the gray lace blouse too… If you love the earrings… could they be an early mother’s day present? Every once in a while, a splurge is worth it. I would rather have one pair of earrings I LOVE for $50 than 10 for $5 each. Just sayin’. πŸ˜‰

3. Definitely the gray top! The peach sweater is lovely, too, but I think the gray one is awesome!

4. chris d. says:

#1 and #3 complement your coloring very nicely. How fun! Mother’s Day and your birthday are coming, you could hint to a few persons in the fam about the earrings. πŸ˜‰

5. Definitely the cardigan in #1. It creates a long, slimming torso, where the other ones visually cut you off. Plus it’s way versatile through multiple seasons.

I can’t fully see the earrings, but they look like chandeliers you can get at Target for under $10. Try that!

You are beautiful as usual!

6. I like the grey blouse. It’s current and cute.

7. Definitely love the grey lacy top! Keep it & go out on a nice date with hubby. πŸ™‚ The oange cardigan is way too old for you!

8. The grey lace top or the peach cardigan.

But also think about what you need and what you’ll actually get wear out of…

9. The peach cardigan looks amazing on you!! It’s the kind of thing you could wear again and again and not tire of because you can change up what you wear underneath. It’s such a nice, fresh color that complements your skin tone.

10. My vote is with the peach cardigan.

11. I like #1 and #2 best πŸ™‚ but it looks like you like #2 best as well. It would also suit the upcoming season more fully too πŸ™‚ i’m thinking about trying that sort of thing out after this baby comes just to see what they come up with… I’m signed up with stitch-fix, but I wonder which one (stitch fix or styleup) is better?

12. Grey lacey blouse HANDS DOWN! I like the peach sweater too, but if you’re like me you’ve got tons of “comfort” clothes. I’m always looking for casual stuff that I can either dress up or dress down. The grey blouse is fantastic for that!

13. Catherine says:

I thought your eyes really popped in the last two – the navy houndstooth and the pink blouse. They both seem effortlessly chic!

14. In order of favorites…#1, #2, #4. But if you LOVE the earrings then buy them and forget the tops:D

15. Definitely the peach cardigan!! Very flattering & a great colour πŸ™‚

16. Pink Blouse!

17. Definitely, the peach cardigan (and long necklace). Great color on you and it could go with so many tops. The pink long sleeve blouse is my second favorite.

18. The peach cardigan is my favorite, I think it looks great on you! The houndstooth blouse is second in line. πŸ™‚

19. I love #3- the grey top looks great on you!

20. Christa L says:

I love the peach cardigan on you. It matches your coloring beautifully, is slimming, and despite the other commenter, I think that it makes you look younger.

21. The gray top! πŸ™‚

22. The first 2 look best!

23. Peach cardigan. Looks great, slimming, gives a pop of color to all sorts of other outfits.

24. Beth in the City says:

Gray top and peach cardigan! That peach color compliments you so well.

25. Jennifer O. says:

The gray top shows off the adorable jeans you are wearing and the hard work you have done running. Not to mention it can be worn all seasons and with shorts and capris! From one sis-in-love to another you look great! Gray is great because you can accessorize with different colored jewelry like the great red necklace:) mom-in-love always asking what to get us, let her know the earrings are a love;)

26. Peach cardigan!!

27. Terri M. says:

They all look great but I am very frugal too. You are so creative that I bet you could duplicate each look from the thrift store and get all the looks for the price of the earrings! Hey, another thought…you could probably go to a craft store and duplicate the earrings too!

28. They’re all cute! I like the peach cardigan in the first picture- it looks pretty and stylish but also like it would feel comfy and easy to throw on.

29. I like the grey top the best and it looks like you do too. It can be dressed up or down and you might be able to wear another layer under it, so it would go for more seasons. I do like the peach color on you, I think it goes nicely with your skin tone. I actually like the hounds tooth top, but if you were to pick one, that wouldn’t be it. I’m such a tight wad, I’d take what I love about the earrings and make something similar or find them somewhere else.
    What a fun idea, this style in a box.

30. Kendra Steinke says:

#3 navy houndstooth blouse.

31. Love the Grey blouse on you!

32. I like the grey lace blouse – but I’m not sure if it’s the top or the smile. Your hair is really what caught my eye. So sleek and stylish.

33. Melanie E. says:

I think the peach cardigan flatters your skin tone the best!

34. I like 1 and 2, but if you are only going to get one then the grey top is more unique. It looks great on you too!

35. MayLynne Emiry says:

Love the peach cardigan and the grey lace top. I would find a reason to keep both if I were you.

36. Peach Cardigan!!! Definitely.

37. Your hair is super cute!

I love #1. Definitely the perfect color and style!

38. jennifer says:

Peach cardigan for sure

39. Peach cardigan!

40. I love seeing everyone’s different take! My take: most flattering #1, total order 1,3,2,4.

41. I like the peach cardigan and the grey top! You are so cute.

42. Peach Cardigan!

43. The gray blouse. It looks beautiful on you!

44. To me, your eyes really popped in the bluish grayish top. You look beautiful in all of them, but that one was my favorite. πŸ™‚

45. Barbara Hansen says:

The peach cardigan looks great!! Go for the earrings…

46. I have to say, they really nailed it! You look great in all of the pictures!

BUT. Definitely go for the peach cardigan. You are one of a handful of people who can wear that color and look gorgeous. It works as a neutral on you, and it is just a beautiful sweater. Slimming, casual, trendy yet timeless, FUN.

Peach. Peach. Peach!

47. I vote grey blouse! It looks great on you and you looked happiest in it!

48. grey lacey top – absolutely – right combination of chic and sexy – you are looking SO good. I’ve vote for you to keep the earrings too – let someone in the family give them to you for an early mother’s birthday gift??

49. Janey Backer says:

Grey top is a winner and the pink blouse is gorgeous. They are both stylish and classic. I don’t see why so many people like the peach cardigan or houndstooth – neither are very exciting. You really glow in the other two.

50. peach cardigan! But I’ll bet you might find something similar at a thrift store πŸ˜‰