What with moving in 17 days— 17, people!– and Christmas in 24, I’ve been wishing I could find some bonus hours in the day somehow. Well, this morning I was granted my wish. After working night shift all weekend (and sleeping the subsequent days), this morning I woke up at 4 AM completely unable to go back to sleep. So I’m just going with it. There might be a nap this afternoon. But for now I am mapping out all sorts of things that I’d like to accomplish today.
- Bring the van to Wal-mart to jump start my car which decided to die there last evening. Bah.
- Empty more kitchen cabinets and get more things packed away into the storage unit.
- Take down the upper cabinets over the stove top, so that my husband can install the new range hood we bought to update the look of the kitchen.
- Make 3 tater tot casseroles to freeze as easy meals for busy days in the next few weeks.
- Gather paperwork needed from the bank for our house closing. (Did I mention that’s in 17 days?? Eeek!)
- Put up the Christmas tree and finish other decorating here.
- Decide what to make for family dinner on Saturday.
Meanwhile despite all the busyness, I keep finding myself wandering over to Pinterest thinking of various projects I am hoping to do in the new house. One fun idea is a minimalist sideboard in the dining area that (with bar stools) could double as a school desk for the girls, or be used to serve food when we are having a big crowd over. Here are two versions of it that I really like.
And then just for fun, here’s an easy peasy table decor idea for Christmas. The only problem would be keeping the kids out of the treats, I think! How are you doing this week? How are you preparing for Christmas?