John and I have an evening habit of 45 minutes or so of TV after the younger kids are settled for the night. It can be a challenge to find TV that’s interesting to us both, is intelligent, and during which people mostly stay reasonably dressed and seem to have decent morals. We both like mysteries, but I prefer the kind where crime scenes aren’t dwelt upon and the content is not too creepy. Blacklist and Bones and several others struck out for us — just too ‘eek’. Ditto for the later seasons of ’24’. Anyway, here are a few that John and I have really enjoyed lately.
- Blue Bloods. We loved this one enough that we bought the DVD set. It shows people trying hard to do what’s right and honorable in the middle of difficult and challenging circumstances, and it does a great job showing both the struggles and joys of living in a family.
- Psych is a lot of fun, though it tends toward goofy.
- White Collar has some really fun, complex relationships and storylines.
- Royal Pains is another one that can be a little goofy, but we like the characters, the houses, and the beach location.
- Death in Paradise is a British one that we finished recently and were sad to see it done. Along with some fun mystery and characters, the show is located on a beautiful island…aaahhhh.
Do you have similar likes and dislikes? I’d love to hear your recommendations.