For our 4th of July party several years running we’ve done spicy grilled shrimp on the barbecue. Here’s the recipe we used this year, and I thought it was really yummy. Since I forgot to get a picture either year, though, the photocredit belongs to a different recipe I found on ifood.tv. As pretty as this shrimp is with the tails on, we did go ahead and take the tails off ours before skewering them, to make them easier to eat.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel and devein shrimp and remove tails.
- Combine all ingredients in a ziplock bag and marinate for 1 hour.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water while shrimp marinate.
- Thread shrimp onto wooden or metal skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-low.
- Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes per side, or until they are opaque and pinkish in color.
Copyright Mary Ostyn 2015