- Success: This week I had several days where I didn’t go anywhere. When you’re trying to be careful with your money, just staying out of the stores can be a big thing.
- Fail: When my husband needed to replace a water timer (to water our garden while we’re gone) I suggested he try a different brand than the one that needed to be replaced. This other brand was available on amazon and had two day shipping and cost half of what the other brand did. Got it home and it did not work one bit. So back to amazon it went, and off to the store my husband went. Ah well. On the bright side I was delighted with Amazon’s UPS return shipping. I printed out a label, requested that UPS pick up my package, and the UPS man showed up at my door 15 hours later. Then– just as surprising– the refund for the item was credited to our account by the end of the day. Hooray!
- Success: I found bananas for 25 cents a pound at Walmart and bought lots– enough finally to make a batch of my favorite gluten free banana bread. I added chocolate chips– yum!
- Success: One of our married daughters brought some clothes to share with her younger sisters, most of which were absolutely perfect for my fast-growing just-turned-12-year old. And she actually liked them!
- Success: I found several just-right birthday gifts for that same birthday girl that I’d stashed away weeks earlier, making her birthday much easier to prepare for. One was this LOVELY coloring book. If you have an artist in need of a project this summer, click on the photo and check it out. (affiliate link)
- Fail: When I went to the store with my son to exchange a few things, I found a couple things for myself as well. I probably should have resisted the $25 shorts, but they actually looked nice. I also found a pair of black capris for $14. Was rather pleased with that find. And most likely I will wear both lots this summer. So maybe not a total fail.
- Success: I cooked several meals even when I wasn’t in the mood to cook, and did a good job using/repurposing most leftovers.
- Fail: I forgot about some bacon in the fridge and lost it to mold. Bah. I hardly ever do that, especially with meat. I blame vacation-brain.
How did your week go? Successes? Fails?