- I cut my husband’s hair.
- I cut lots and lots of lilacs to decorate our house this week. So lovely.
- I found potatoes, apples and oranges for a good price at the grocery outlet.
- I hunted with my daughter for a prom dress at thrift stores. No success yet, but we still have two weeks so we’ll keep looking.
- I spent some time sorting my fabric stash so it’d be easier to see what I have. In the process I found the cut-out pieces for several more of these sweet little bags, which I’m planning to finish next week.
- I found 15 boxes of cereal in different stores for 99 cents- $1.49 a box. Since we only eat cereal on Sundays, and for the occasional snack, this should last us at least 2 months.
- I set aside a few new items from a relative’s de-cluttering project to use as gifts for kids and friends in the future.
- When the screen died on one of our laptop computers, I bought a ‘new’ flat screen monitor. For $12.95 at the thrift store. It’s bigger than the one on the laptop and has much better picture quality. $12.95. Yeah, I already said that. But wow! 🙂
- When my son needed a belt to go with his new work pants, I nixed the $25 one at JC Penneys, and instead bought one that was just as nice at a thrift store. For a buck.
Not so frugal:
- That $1 belt? It got lost. Pretty sure it’s somewhere in the house, but my son ended up wearing an old one to his new job. Ah well.
- The miles I’m putting on the minivan, mostly driving kids to work — 157 miles in two days alone. So tempting to go looking for a car that gets better gas mileage than our 20 mpg minivan. But then we’d have insurance and repairs on yet another vehicle. We should probably stick with the minivan for now. And I did combine grocery and thrift shopping with all that driving.
What went well in the frugality department at your house this week? Did you have some not-so-frugal moments too? I’d love to hear about it all in comments, below. Or if you blogged about it, share a link to your frugality post here.