Thinking about what I’d like to get accomplished this week– here’s what’s on my list:
1. Fertilize the lawn and weed flowerbeds. I’m so much looking forward to having flowers to cut for the table. The other day, desperate for freshness, I cut some branches off the willow tree, and decided they looked kinda pretty on the dining table.
2. Organize a corner of the kitchen. The microwave shelf is looking cluttered and so is the top of the fridge. I’d like to store more in the pantry and less out in the open.
3. Organize the pantry. It is getting its empty late-spring look. That’s lovely for being able to store things (most of the year it is full of canned goods) but random items don’t look as pretty as do rows of jars, so I need to be a little more thoughtful about how I put things into it.
4. Sort the cupboard that holds storage containers. I actually did this yesterday, and threw away a bunch of containers that had no lids, and also put together what still matched. Found a few items to add to my young-adult/new-kitchen/giveaway box. There’s lots more space now!
5. Address and mail Lidya’s graduation invitations. She graduates in 6 weeks!
6. My big splurge of springtime: make an appointment with the electrician to have a new ceiling fan installed. We are finally replacing our 20+ year old white-and-brass fan with something wood-toned. SO excited.
What are you hoping to do this week?