My friend Hannah Hagerty from Cultivating Home shared this wonderful gluten free recipe on facebook the other day.
- 1 brick cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 c.sugar
- 1 c. yogurt
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 T. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1-1/2 c. milk
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 T. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 c. brown rice flour
- 1 c. tapioca or potato starch
- Turn on your electric skillet to heat up to about 375 degrees. I like to butter my skillet to get a nice brown crunch on the pancakes, but cooking spray works fine too.
- Begin by creaming together cream cheese, sugar, yogurt, and egg yolks. Set aside egg whites to add later.
- To the cream cheese mixture add coconut oil (melted), lemon juice, and milk. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- When flour mixture is evenly combined, combine with cream cheese mixture in the larger bowl, stirring til just combined.
- Finally, beat egg whites till soft peaks and fold into mixture.
- Fry pancakes, serving them hot with butter and syrup as they come off the skillet. Enjoy!