The zucchini is coming on in our garden with a vengeance, and as usual I’m scrambling for new ways to keep up with the abundance. If you’re being challenged by this too, you may be interested to see some of the ways we use this prolific veggie.
1. Asian zucchini carrot salad (pictured above)–this is perfect for a picnic.
2. Cubed raw zucchini all on its own, served with Asian salad dressing. Easy and yummy. It is OK to use a big zucchini for this, but scrape away all seeds and soft insides, and just use the firm outer flesh.
4. Omelets with minced zucchini, mushrooms, and cheese.
7. Grilled beef, zucchini, carrots and potatoes (like this), I boil the carrots and potatoes for just a few minutes before putting them on the grill pan with the zucchini. Cook the meat on a separate grill pan until cooked through. Then combine with veggies. This recipe disappears like lightening!
10. Our very favorite way to eat zucchini is simple. Dip thin slices in beaten egg, then coat ina mixture of flour and cracker crumbs, salt lightly, and fry in hot oil. Yum! If you’re afraid of the oil in the fried version, you might be interested in this oven-baked version.
I’d love to hear what you do when zucchini is piling up in your kitchen!Pin It