I love reading cooking blogs. But in my cooking I tend toward simple affordable ingredients, and recipes that aren’t going to take me more than an hour or so to make. So as much as I love to bookmark recipes, I’ve found that there are only a few blogs that routinely feature recipes I’ll actually make.
- Casual Kitchen– Daniel Koontz cooks on my wave-length– easy, affordable recipes often with an ethnic flair like this Smoky Black Bean Brazilian Soup.
- Cheap Healthy Good — Kris often features do-able deliciousness such as Aromatic Noodles with Lime Peanut Sauce.
- Healthy Home Economist– Sarah’s blog has given me quite an education. She green-lighted my love of butter, has me making my own homemade broth, and even got me thinking about decreasing my dependency on sugar. (Maybe.)
- Eat Live Run— Jenna is a runner and a food blogger who takes lovely photos of a variety of food awesomeness including this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta.
- Smitten Kitchen— Deb is another food blogger with yum-inducing photography including this recipe for Buttermilk-Roasted Chicken.
So there are five of my favorites. What’s one of yours?