Here are ten ways my family has eaten zucchini in the past three weeks. All kid-tested, Owlhaven approved. Let’s do it Letterman-style, saving the best til last.
10. Pasta salad (something like this) except with tri-color pasta, cubed cheese and cubed raw zucchini. Perfect for a picnic.
9. Cubed raw zucchini all on its own, served with salad dressing. Easy and yummy. It is OK to use a big zucchini for this, but scrape away all seeds and soft insides, and just use the firm outer flesh.
7. Omelets with minced zucchini, mushrooms, and cheese.
4. Grilled beef, zucchini, carrots and potatoes (like this) I boil the carrots and potatoes for just a few minutes before putting them on the grill pan with the zucchini. Cook the meat on a separate grill pan until cooked through. Then combine with veggies. This recipe disappears like lightening!
2.Chocolate zucchini cake. This recipe is excellent.
1. Our very favorite way to eat zucchini is simple. Dip in egg, then coat in flour, salt lightly, and fry in hot oil. Yum! I am planning on trying this oven-baked version soon, as I feel a trifle guilty at the fat content of my version.
I’d love to hear what you do with excess zucchini. This week we decided to start feeding the biggest zucchinis to our cow– that way we can eventually convert zucchini to beef!