Our girls

Two hours ago my husband and I sat hip to hip on the couch, intently watching a blue bar creep towards 100%. In the file was information about ‘our’ girls — information that we’ve been waiting weeks to know. Already in love with their pictures, we were praying that the information to be revealed would feel right to us, and that we’d have a peace about it.

Five pictures and eight pages of scanned documents take 17 minutes to download on 56k dialup, in case you want to know. Seventeen minutes in which we realized, for better or for worse, that these girls already felt like ours in our hearts and it would take a lot to scare us away from them.

Five pictures and eight pages. Not much to go on. But after reading every word and staring at every picture, we knew. They were ours. Within minutes we had an acceptance email winged off to the waiting child coordinator at our agency.

They’re ours! Praise the Lord! They’re ours!

{ No Comments }

1. WOW they are both so incredibly beautiful and I know you and your family are over the moon with joy! Congratulations!

2. They are beautiful!!!! I am so excited for all of you! Praising God with you for these two children and praying that He will continue to bless you and them on this journey towards making a new family.

3. Congratulations!! They are so beautiful – and (like everyone else has said) they are radiant! What a blessing for you all!
    Stacie

4. Yesterday I was scanning a waiting child list (as I often do :)) and I saw these two precious girls. Immediately I thought of you and prayed over you all. I had no idea these were truly the girls you were considering and now I’m so happy to see they will be yours!!! CONGRATULATIONS dad and mom!!!!
    dawnz:)

5. They are absolutely beautiful!!

6. they are beautiful! Congratulations!

7. Jennifer O. says:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news! Aunties again, always an exciting thing. God is so good! We’ll keep praying. Their picture is already all the fridge!

8. These are beautiful girls. Truly beautiful. Congratulations. It is a joy to read about this as we begin thinking and praying about our own journey. Thanks so much for sharing

9. They are gorgeous! Congratulations! Oh, I’m SO excited for you!!! Can’t wait to hear when you will be traveling and all of that fun!

10. Mary,

They’re beautiful! Congratulations!

11. I got goose bumps and tears in my eyes when I saw their picture. So beautiful! Congratulations to you and to them.

12. So excited for you guys! They’re beautiful!

13. They’re beautiful!

14. Congratulations to your family! The girls are beautiful!!

15. A Voice says:

WOW!! What beauties! Congratulations again. What an incredible family you will have.

16. Martina Fahrner says:

The younger new daughter has your grin!
    All the best!

17. CONGRATS!

18. This is awesome!! Congrats!!

19. I’m so happy for you, Mary (and family).

Can’t wait to see your girls again. I wonder if they’ll remember me? [:-)

Rachel

20. Congratulations!

21. congratulations to you and your family, mary. they are beautiful, and i’m so very happy for you.

22. CONGRATULATIONS !!!! They are both sooo beautiful !

Lisa

23. Oh hurray, hurrah, huzzah, and hallelujah!! They look perfect in every way, but especially a perfect fit for your family. God is so good!

24. Umm Skandar says:

Hey, I think that they are Texas Longhorns too! (Since they are flashing the Texas Longhorn sign) perhaps they meant to have the thumb out too for the ASL sign for love?

In any case they are beautiful. You family is about to embark on a very new adventure. I can’t wait to read all about it.

You are blessed!

25. roomfortwomore says:

Wow! Like everyone else said – they’re beautiful. Seeing their photo makes me so impatient for our referral.

Cheryl

26. Amazing!!! They are really beautiful! I’m very happy for all of you!

– Amy Heymann

27. Congrats, Mary!! We’re all so thrilled for you all. Can’t wait to meet them and see them integrated into our family. They are just beautiful. I keep looking at their faces trying to “learn” them, ya know?? 🙂

28. They are lovely, sweet-looking girls! Blessings all-around for the Owlhaven family—God is great!

29. Congratulations!

30. angela says:

My girls recognize your two girls from AAI! They are very excited that they get to come to America and really would like to know what state you are in. They also say that your oldest daughter is very very nice.

31. When I saw their pic on adoptionblogs I thought, wow those are some sweet, glowing young ladies in that promotional stock photo. Then it dawned on my that they are actually YOUR girls, and I was so happy for you all! Congratulations!

32. CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! Wonderful news!

33. Absolutely beautiful gifts from the Lord! SOOOO overjoyed for you all! 🙂

34. This is they? They are absolutely beautiful! Just lovely!

35. They are beautiful. Congratulations!

36. You are on an amazing adventure! Your life will never be the same, and you won’t ever want it to be. You are so lucky to have these two to love!

37. I can see how you fell for them right away! They are beautiful and thanks for sharing your story (posted at a later date) about how everything has fallen into place with your adoption. I am so excited for you all!

38. they are incredibly beautiful, how awesome that they are going to have such a wonderful family!!

39. They are beautiful!!! Many, many congratulations to all of your newly enlarged family!

40. They are absolutely beautiful, what sweet smiles! CONGRATULATIONS!

41. I am so excited for you and the girls! They look like sweethearts.

42. They are incredible! What perfect additions to the owlery!

Congratulations Mom to Many!!!

43. They are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. And you can tell that they’re pretty on the INside too.

So happy for you. Can’t wait to hear more.

44. Oh, Praise Him! Praise Him!

How wonderful!

45. How very VERY exciting! I loved reading your more recent post about all that has happened to bring you to this point, and I’m loving seeing these beautiful girls of yours. Wonderful news. And not a bit of muted excitement from me. Just all-out YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

46. A big congratulations Mary! They are beautiful!!

Trackbacks

1. […] Our girls Two hours ago my husband and I sat hip to hip on the couch, intently watching a blue bar creep towards 100%. In the […] […]